All Apps and Add-ons

Rest API Modular Input: How to debug/params not working

tmontney
Builder

Edit: I originally had been parsing "Connections_incoming.txt", but it was coming in 6 hours late (due to UTC). Even after setting it in props, it still comes in late. Personally, I'm fine with using this method as it includes more data.

I'm unable to figure out why the REST app is pulling more results than it should. I'm accessing the Teamviewer API.

Docs: https://dl.tvcdn.de/integrate/TeamViewer_API_Documentation.pdf

Timestamps are in UTC. I've created tokens and they seem to be working.

import datetime

def datetoday():
      today = datetime.date.today()
      return today.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')

def timemfive():
      utcoffset = datetime.timedelta(hours=6)
      fivemins = datetime.timedelta(minutes=5)
      now = (datetime.datetime.now() + utcoffset)
      timemfive = now - fivemins
      return timemfive.strftime('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')

def timenow():
      utcoffset = datetime.timedelta(hours=6)
      now = (datetime.datetime.now() + utcoffset)
      return now.strftime('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')

The issue is, I'm getting more than 5 minutes of reports. It seems up to an hour. If I call a similar URL (via Postman), I get the intended results. So what I want to see now is the actual URL the app calls. Is that logged somewhere?

I'm also seeing the following:

DateParserVerbose - A possible timestamp match (Mon Jan  1 16:16:40 2007) is outside of the acceptable time window.

Can this cause problems, or is it simply notifying me? What's strange is the year appears to be in the past. I've tested both these functions with Python itself, and it outputs as expected.

0 Karma

baboonbones

Info on our community support here : https://www.baboonbones.com/#support

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...