All Apps and Add-ons

[Real-Time Output App] same events are sent again and again

kwchang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,
Using real-time output app, I want to send newly updated events to 3rd party system. But when I tested this app, many duplicated events were sent again and again. It works exactly same way with all-time windowed realtime searches and if an events is shown, it will not disappear until the number of result count hit the maximum count(100000).

Can I send only new events without duplications in realtime using this app? How can I config?

Thank you in advance.

0 Karma

Lucas_K
Motivator

This is an old question but i've found the same thing when I have a syslog/kv target (havn't noticed it with cef output).

Each search slowly grows its time window until it exceeds the maxresultrows items limit.

I havn't figured out the root cause.

edit: root cause found. There was a table command in the search. You only need a fields at the end. Don't use a table and duplicates go away.

edit2: Ok it fixed it for that rule but all other rules are duplicating aswell. Around 50 times as many events compare to the base search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...