All Apps and Add-ons

Queries and Dashboards for Jenkins build failure reason

ashokmanji
Engager

Jenkins has a Build Failure Analyzer plugin which analyzes the causes of failed builds and presents the causes on the build page. It does this by using a knowledge base of build failure causes that is built up from scratch.

Instead of using this plugin, we are experimenting with replacing this Splunk dashboards...

As the Splunk App for Jenkins can be setup to push build console log output to Splunk and the log data is already in Splunk, does anyone have any queries/dashboard examples that can be used to return build failure reasons (based on text/knowledge base we define in each event)?

This would be very useful, as the Splunk App for Jenkins already allows us to visualise the status of builds, but no indication on why builds have failed.

Tags (1)

txiao_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you want to category jenkins build console log for specific failure text, could you please try EventType
Console log can be located in index=jenkins_console.

Note: single line match only, multiple lines will not work

0 Karma

ashokmanji
Engager

Would you have any examples?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...