All Apps and Add-ons

Python Script is erroring out at ZeusIPs

andresmanriquez
Engager

We noticed that the threat intel is not being populated using the Obelisk Threat Intel App for majority of the Intel sources. The error code received was:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py", line 1015, in 
   main()
 File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py", line 935, in main
   parseZeus(raw_threatlist)
 File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py", line 635, in parseZeus
   zeusIPs = zeusIPs[2].split('\n')
IndexError: list index out of range

derekarnold
Communicator

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This has been fixed in the latest release.

0 Karma

pmelon
Explorer

I'm getting the below:

bash-4.2$ /opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py
logfile_name: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/logs/obelisk_threat_lists_script10-03-2019-14-01-21.log
[*] Script Started at: 10-03-2019 14:01:21 GMT

[*] Script version: 3.4.6
URL: http://rules.emergingthreats.net/fwrules/emerging-Block-IPs.txt
user_agent_bool: true
Finished retrieving 849 IPs from SpamHaus.
Finished retrieving 23 IPs from Dshield.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py", line 1076, in
main()
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py", line 966, in main
parseEmergingThreatsBlockList(raw_threatlist)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_obelisk-threat/bin/obelisk_threat_intel.py", line 750, in parseEmergingThreatsBlockList
feodoIPs = p[0].split()
IndexError: list index out of range

I'll try to fix it myself, but I thought you would want to know. If I do fix, I'll dump it here.

0 Karma

andresmanriquez
Engager

This was solved by commenting it out. It looks like Zues Tracker is not longer available.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...