All Apps and Add-ons

Privileged tag in Okta Identity Cloud app

jlph
Loves-to-Learn

I have recently installed the Okta Identity Cloud App for Splunk. I've noticed that each event is given a field called tag and there is one value in particular that is of interest; Privileged.

Naturally, those tagged with a value of Privileged are of interest. However, upon reviewing some of these events they seem to be largely innocuous and are often events relating to signing in. If I look at all events with the 'privileged' tag and view the values for displayMessage I see the following:

• An identity provider has been chosen to authenticate the user
  • User login to Okta
  • Verify user identity
  • Authenticate user with AD agent
  • Evaluation of sign-on policy
  • User single sign on to app
  • etc...

Does anyone know what constitutes an event being tagged with the privileged value? Is it a case of any user that it is assigned to any event initiated by a user with any level of privilege?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...