All Apps and Add-ons

Possible to use FTP Receiver with sftp protocol?

massit
Explorer

Hi,
is it possible to use the SFTP protocol?
Regards

Labels (1)

LukeMurphey
Champion
I added SSL/TLS support in version 1.1.0.

The app will only support TLS/SSL if you install the necessary libraries (I cannot include them in the package since the files are platform specific). I include a setup.py script that you can run once to get the libraries installed; See the README for instructions.

Note that this isn't SFTP but rather FTPS. It is a little different than the original request but adds encryption support either way.
0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

The FTP Receiver app doesn't support SFTP since that is entirely different protocol than FTP.

However, it can be made to support FTPS (FTP over SSL). If you want this, I could probably enable support for this in the app. Let me know if you want this.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If you mean to pull in data to the Indexers, then: No. You can however setup a Heavy Forwarder and build a script (make it atomic by pulling in files with a blacklisted suffix like *.tmp and then rename them once they are transferred) to use sftp to put the files where splunk is waiting for them. In such a case I use batch with sinkhole instead of monitor so that they get deleted as each is forwarded.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...