All Apps and Add-ons

Polling frequency seems to default to 10m

mark_traynor
Engager

I'm using the Website Monitoring app to monitor several websites, however they only seem to poll every 10 minutes, regardless of the value I specify in the Interval field.

I've tried values of 60s, 1m and 5m but all seem to poll every 10m.

Is there a way to set the interval that is recognized by the app?

cmutt78
Explorer

This issue can occur when you have an excessive amount of pings configured since the pings occur synchronously. This can be identified by running:

sourcetype=web_availability_modular_input "Previous run was too far in the past"

This shows that based on the interval defined in the inputs.conf, runs were missed and the application is now compensating for the miss by updating its last run time and executing the ping.

To resolve the issue, either spread the load over a number of servers to meet your interval time or use a different method for pinging data.

Enjoy!

michael_kushma
Path Finder

Did you restart Splunk after making the changes?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...