All Apps and Add-ons

Password change not working for website monitoring

jasplunker

We have version 2.7.3 of website monitoring installed and are having the following problem:

When trying to update a password for a website, the password update does not take. It seems that once we create a site, the credential is basically set. We have tried deleting the site (via Setttings/Data Inputs/Website Availability Check) - sure enough we can delete the site, but when we re-create the site it still fails. I have dug around the file system trying to find the file with the credentials, to no avail. We have even looked in the python(I'm not a python expert by any means) but still no clues as to where these credentials are being kept.

Any help on how to either update the password or recreate a site with the correct credentials would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Karma

jasplunker

A quick update to this post. This only seems to be an issue when there is a ":" (colon) in the name of the website being checked. For instance prd:mywebsite

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...