All Apps and Add-ons

Passing $foo$ value from a hidden search to HiddenChartFormatter

Parameshwara
Path Finder

I have a hidden search that outputs a table with username information in the field UserName. Using $results[0].UserName$ I can display this information using Sideview Utils HTML module.

How can I pass the $results[0].UserName$ to other parts of my XML, like a HiddenChartFormatter that creates a pie chart?

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should look at the ResultsValueSetter module.

ResultsValueSetter is the "bigger hammer" to the HTML's $results[0].userName$ feature, since with ResultsValueSetter you end up with a simple $userName$ token that you can use in any module downstream of the ResultsValueSetter.

As always, Sideview docs has a whole page of docs and working examples for the ResultsValueSetter. Actually in latest Sideview Utils (2.4.8), there is a section for the 3 related modules - ValueSetter, ResultsValueSetter and ArrayValueSetter. They are somewhat advanced modules, but in dashboards that have moderate to advanced complexity they are important tools to know about.

Parameshwara
Path Finder

Got it working with ResultsValueSetter.
Cheers!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...