All Apps and Add-ons

Pager displaying before Table module with a Button to show results

spencerbrett
Path Finder

I have a panel that displays a count of results, but in order to save space, I included a button to display the results in the table when clicked.

This currently works fine, but if I have enough results that the Pager will display, it shows up before I click the button.

Is it possible to have the Pager display after the button click like with the table?

<module name="Button" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
<param name="label">Show Assets</param>
<param name="allowSoftSubmit">False</param>
<param name="allowAutoSubmit">False</param>
<module name="PostProcess" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
<param name="search">eval View="PLACEHOLDER" | eval WindowStart=strftime(_time-86400,"%Y/%m/%d") | eval earliest=strptime(WindowStart, "%Y/%m/%d") | eval WindowEnd=strftime(_time+432000,"%Y/%m/%d") | eval latest=strptime(WindowEnd, "%Y/%m/%d") | table _time, host, Id, WindowStart, WindowEnd,earliest,latest, View</param>
<module name="Pager" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
<module name="Table" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
<param name="hiddenFields">WindowStart WindowEnd earliest latest</param>
<module name="Button" group="row.fields.View">
<param name="label">View</param>
<module name="Redirector">
<param name="url">Lookup-Id</param>
<param name="arg.id">$row.fields.Id$</param>
<param name="arg.WindowStart">$row.fields.WindowStart$</param>
<param name="arg.WindowEnd">$row.fields.WindowEnd$</param>
</module>
</module>
</module>
</module>
</module>
</module>

spencerbrett
Path Finder

The ad hoc JavaScript fix has worked without any side effects as of yet. Thanks.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce the problem.

My first thought was there was a redundant autoRun="True" in there downstream from the Button, but there isn't one in your posted code.

I slightly modified your example by just putting it in a Search module, and it seems to work as designed - both Pager and Table are hidden until the Button is clicked:

<module name="Search" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" autoRun="True">
  <param name="search">index=_internal source="*metrics.log" group="*_thruput" | head 10000 </param>
  <param name="earliest">-1h</param>
  <param name="latest">now</param>

<module name="Button" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
    <param name="label">Show Assets</param>

<module name="PostProcess" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
      <param name="search">eval View="PLACEHOLDER" | eval WindowStart=strftime(_time-86400,"%Y/%m/%d") | eval earliest=strptime(WindowStart, "%Y/%m/%d") | eval WindowEnd=strftime(_time+432000,"%Y/%m/%d") | eval latest=strptime(WindowEnd, "%Y/%m/%d") | table _time, host, Id, WindowStart, WindowEnd,earliest,latest, View</param>

<module name="Pager" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">

<module name="Table" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1">
          <param name="hiddenFields">WindowStart WindowEnd earliest latest</param>

<module name="Button" group="row.fields.View">
            <param name="label">View</param>
            <module name="Redirector">
              <param name="url">Lookup-Id</param>
              <param name="arg.id">$row.fields.Id$</param>
              <param name="arg.WindowStart">$row.fields.WindowStart$</param>
              <param name="arg.WindowEnd">$row.fields.WindowEnd$</param>
            </module>
          </module>
        </module>
      </module>
    </module>
  </module>
</module>

Can you maybe try upgrading to latest Sideview Utils? Or test the XML I posted above, and if it does work, and yours doesn't, email the whole xml file to me... nick [at] sideviewapps.com

UPDATE: I was later able to reproduce this bug quite easily, it's been fixed and the fix will ship in the next release of sideview Utils. I described to @spencerbrett how to make the one-line change to the Pager module himself until 2.6.5 releases and it sounds like it has worked.

0 Karma

spencerbrett
Path Finder

The ad hoc JavaScript fix has worked without any side effects as of yet. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...