All Apps and Add-ons

Okta App stopped working

casey18cc
Explorer

It was brought to my attention that our Splunk for Okta app stopped pulling in data.

We are running Splunk 6.2.2, splunk for okta 2.0.1, and the splunk for okta plugin 2.0.0.

This was working for several months, and I am unsure what caused data to stop being pulled in. I have checked and the scripts are enabled. Is there any logs I should search for that may help in determining what may be causing the issue?

0 Karma

paulstout
Path Finder

One thing you may want to try is to disable and re-enable the okta.py script on the node that's collecting Okta data. I'd also recommend making sure the plugin and app are on the same version; if you're running in a standalone instance there's no need to have both the plugin and app installed. Just the app will suffice.

0 Karma

joshuahbp

Similar issue, no data being imported. Splunk 6.2.4, splunk app for okta 2.0.1 and splunk plugin for okta 2.0.0.,Similar issue. Not working for me in Splunk 6.2.4, splunk app for okta 2.0.1 and splunk plugin 2.0.0.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...