All Apps and Add-ons

No "AWS:ELB:AccessLogs" sourcetype in splunk

eliutr

Hi I can't seem to find the sourcetype "aws:elb:accesslogs" in Splunk even though I install the "Splunk Add-On for AWS" plugin. The version is 4.5.0 .

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Have you configured your account and access logs input maybe via an S3 to SQS based input?

0 Karma

eliutr

I have yes. I've already setup the inputs as describe in the documentation. The problem is I can't seem to find the logs anywhere in the index I set or anywhere in Splunk.

0 Karma

sharte
Explorer

1.Did you set up the input as an sqs input or generic s3/etc/?
2.Are you sure the elb is a classic elb or an alb ?
(sourcetype=aws:alb:accesslogs -> will have to be typed into the sourcetype field as not auto-populated)
3. Check your Splunk User Credentials allow you to pull the logs. (IAM USER ON AWS)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...