All Apps and Add-ons

Netscaler - Pulling syslog Data - UI Still Wants Setup

nychawk
Communicator

I have several Netscalers sending their data to syslog. My syslog server has UF installed, and my inputs.conf is setup in the following manner:

[monitor:///syslog-data/all-my-netscalers-in-one.log]
source=syslog
sourcetype=citrix:netscaler:syslog
host =

When I go to my search head, and select the Netscaler app, I get queried for the apps setup, which is asking for netscaler devices, user and passwords; I am not expecting this.

I've verified that my data is getting indexed.

I am missing something, I've scrubbed the apps doc, and not sure what else is needed.

Thanks all in advance,

-mi

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, the app is currently separate from the add-on; while that might change in the future, you're probably better off taking it the other direction. I would try following the Add-on's documentation to get the data in, then let's see if the App works with that data. Since the App has its own inputs, you might want to disable those and start from the Add-on's documentation. Since the Add-on is supported, you can open a ticket if following the documentation doesn't produce the expected data, we'd be happy to look into it further.

0 Karma

darlas
Communicator

Can you specify what the name of the App is? The documentation for this Add-on says "After the Splunk platform indexes the events, you can consume the data using the prebuilt panels included with the add-on", which makes it sounds like the visualization is contained in this Add-on. Appreciate any clarification on this.

Thanks.

0 Karma

Skins
Path Finder

there are 4 pre-built panels included in the TA which you can add to dashboards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...