All Apps and Add-ons

Missing logs for eventcode 4776 (Windows TA installed on universal forwarder and search head).

newsplunker1
Path Finder

Hello,

I'm able to receive almost all eventcodes for wineventlog:security but missing the logs for eventcode 4776 .

I have the Windows TA app installed on the universal forwarder and search head. I have tried the following:

I uncheck the box labeled "Overwrite field values" which should Splunk from overwriting the existing Error_Code field (it did not work).

Then, created props.conf in the search head with this:

source::WinEventLog:Security
FIELDALIAS-Status_as_Error_Code = Status ASNEW Error_Code

Then, restarted the search head.

None of those steps are working. I checked the blocklist in the input file but code 4776 is one of them.

Could you please help?

Thanks

jungasdf
Explorer

Which Version of Windows TA is installed? There is an Bug in older versions, so try to upgrade that TA on all UFs and Searchheads ...

2017-02-22ADDON-8497"XmlWinEventLog:Security" events with EventCode 4776, 4768, 4769 not correctly mapped
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...