All Apps and Add-ons

Microsoft 365 App - Security and Compliance Center: Why are usernames not logged for certain Alerts?

eliman98

Hello,

I noticed that some "Security and Compliance" alerts log usernames and others do not. For instance, the alert name "File Uploaded to Document Library For The First Time" clearly logs the user who performed the action. However, the alert, "A Potentially Malicious URL Was Clicked" does not log the user who clicked on this information. I tried to extracts new fields and again, I observed that this particular alert does not contain the username.

For obvious reasons, I would like to have that information on hand whenever an alert such as this one comes through. I looked in the MS Security Portal, and that does have the username. It just does not get to Splunk, and therefore, cannot be apart of the alert.

Is there any way to resolve this? To be clear I would like all of these alerts to have a username associated with each. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...