All Apps and Add-ons

MQ Modular input not working

joshuariley

I cannot get the MQ modular input to work at all. When I execute the mqinputs.py manually I recieve the following:

root@dabcmiqm1:/opt/splunkforwarder/bin:> ./splunk cmd /usr/bin/python "/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/mq_ta/bin/mqinput.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/mq_ta/bin/mqinput.py", line 20, in
import xml.sax.saxutils
File "/opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/xml/sax/saxutils.py", line 6, in
import os, urlparse, urllib, types
File "/opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 30, in
import base64
File "/opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/base64.py", line 10, in
import binascii
ImportError: Could not load module /opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/binascii.so.
Dependent module /opt/splunkforwarder/lib/libz.a(libz.so.1) could not be loaded.
The module has an invalid magic number.
Could not load module /opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/binascii.so.
Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/binascii.so could not be loaded.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

0 Karma

jjw420
Loves-to-Learn

Looks like it trying to load /opt/freeware/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/binascii.so but cannot do so. Somewhere you are telling the python interpreter to load libraries from /opt/freeware/lib/python2.7. Normally all libraries loading by Splunk's python interpreter comes from /opt/splunk. The software add on is unable to function unless it has a working Python language environment.

This is what I would suggest:
1.) Always run Splunk under it's own user so that other python installations on the system do not interfere with Splunk's python interpreter.
2.) Check the PYTHONPATH and check where Splunk's python is loading libraries from.

3.) Use Splunk's python interpreter and make sure you can import all libraries using "import". eg. "import binascii"
4.) The only libraries that are not already provided by Splunk's python interpreter are the pymqi and c_types libraries (as documented here: https://github.com/jjjw420/splunk-ibm-websphere-mq-add-on.

Good luck and keep Splunk's PYTHONPATH clean!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...