All Apps and Add-ons

Local Admin

stharathi
Engager

Hi,

If a user is added as local admin and also local admin group. What's the difference and is there any security risk?

Regards,

Shashank

Labels (1)

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @stharathi,

as @inventsekar said, your question isn't clear:

are you speaking of windows administrators or Splunk administrators?

if Windows, this isn't the right site to put this question;

if Splunk, in Splunk there's one level of administration by default, if you create different levels of administrators it's a your customization.

So if you want our opinion about creating two levels of administrators, the only answer can be: it depends on your architecture and organization.

In other words, you can create one or more administrators groups that manage only a part of infrastructure (e.g. one site each one), and a super admininstrator that manage all the infrastructure, but, as I said, it depends on your infrastructure and organization and it isn't possible to give an opinion without knowing them.

Generally I can say that, if you have a large infrastructure, it could be a good idea delegating part of administration to a second level administrators, but it gives to your organization more difficoulties in management and design of roles and grants.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

not sure i understand your question... can you please elaborate, Shashank @stharathi 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...