All Apps and Add-ons

JMX addon unable to edit configuration from the web interface

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

We have configured the app JMX but we are unable to edit any configuration from the web interface. Everytime that we try to update any its appear ":"

Any one knows what is the problem?

Thanks,

uncle_m
Engager

Hello,

I think my issue is little bit related to this , but not sure.
So am using Splunk supported JMX addon
I have splunk version : 6.4.2 and

The issue is when i open add-on from Web UI, i see this =>
alt text

So my configuration i put in .conf file so than error logs gone, but still nothing. Error was related to connection.

Thanks
Maris

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are very specific settings that can only be configured on the server itself. Please re-read the documentation.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/668/#/documentation

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Becouse i dont understand your comment, why i have to read the documentation if the app has problems.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That is not a correct use of down voting. You did not provide very clear information about 1) which App - I guessed 2) Where you are updating the configuration 3) anything related to version information 4) any error message

Once you update your question with these things, we can be more helpful, and I will change the answer to what is correct. Don't down vote because you don't understand. Reading documentation again might give you a clue into why it doesn't work. It is there to help you. Just asking a question without reading documentation is not very helpful for anybody.

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

1) JMX - Splunk supported
2) web interface like i said.
3) 1)
4) ":" like i said.
If you dont believe install it and try to edit delete from the interface
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2647/

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1)"JMX addon" - there are several - you didn't mention the Splunk supported.
2)"web interface" is large. There are many places. Did you mean "Settings > Data Inputs > JMX" ?
3) An app name doesn't imply with version of Splunk (6.2? 6.1? 5.0?) or the App version
4) ":" is not an error message. Where do you see it? Screenshot?

You seriously need to elaborate on your question before it is helpful.

jmallorquin
Builder

What is the reason of the edit button if you can't do any change? delete also?

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What are you talking about? Why did you down vote? I only edited to add the tag for the App in question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...