All Apps and Add-ons

Issue using Map+ app with _time

livehybrid
Builder

Hi all,
I'm using the Maps+ app and running a search that ends with the following:

| table _time longitude latitude

The fields are populated correctly, and the correct coords are mapped on the map, however the time in the bottom right corner is set to 1970, and cannot use the playback, even though the _time field contains the correct date/time.

Any one have any ideas what might be wrong? Do I need to do anything special with the time format/field name?
Ultimately what I'm trying to show is vehicle positions over time.

Thanks
Will

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There's currently a bug which shows the time playback when path lines are disabled. With that said, time playback is only a feature with path lines. You can't currently playback individual markers over time. This is something I'll have to look at implementing. I've already fixed the bug, I just need to push a new release. I'll post back when it's ready.

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've released version 3.1.1 that addresses the issue with the playback controls showing when disabled. Note that playback only works for path lines as the controls are in the Path Lines format sub-menu.

0 Karma

t183194
Explorer

A feature that plays back individual markers over time would be awesome. We have people in our organisation asking about that 🙂
Paul

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...