All Apps and Add-ons

Is version 1.0 of xmlutils compatible with Splunk 6.2?

gn694
Communicator

We will be upgrading our Splunk servers from Splunk 5 to Splunk 6.2 soon. We are trying to verify whether all of our apps are compatible with Splunk 6.2.
The compatibility list for version 1.0 of the xmlutils app only lists Splunk 5.0, 4.3, 4.2, 4.1, and 4.0. This is the latest version of the app.

Is this app compatible with Splunk 6.2? If not, should we remove it after upgrading, or will some functionality still work (and what breaks in 6.2?)

Tags (3)
0 Karma

TonyLeeVT
Builder

The commands appear to be compatible. I tried the following on 6.2 and 6.3.1 with success:

| xmlkvrecursive
| xmlkvrecursive | xmlkvrecursive flatten=true
| xmlsplit
| xmlprettyprint

Amazing that these are not native to Splunk yet. Very useful commands vbumgarner.

0 Karma

vbumgarner
Contributor

I haven't tested it, but I really can't imagine why it wouldn't be compatible. They're simple python commands.

If you're not using it, remove it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...