All Apps and Add-ons

Is there any way to collect stream data if my splunk environment is windows-based?

dfigurello
Communicator

Hello splunkers,

I know that is impossible install Stream_TA_Splunk on Windows Servers.

In my case, my splunk server is installed on Windows Server, but i have most linux servers in my environment like databases, web servers and so on. I would like to collect stream data in this linux servers in my Splunk.

Is there any way to collect stream data if my splunk environment is windows-based?

My scenario is:

Search Head + index (Windows) <==================> Web Server (Linux), Mysql (Linux)....

Cheers,

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can deploy the Splunk App for Stream on your Linux forwarders, and it will forward just fine to a Windows indexer.

View solution in original post

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

App for Stream 6.2.0 has been released, which includes full support for Windows: https://apps.splunk.com/app/1809/

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The TA (Splunk_TA_stream) is platform-dependent and currently only supports Linux (and OS X). However, you should be able to install and run the app on any Splunk server, including Windows. As long as the forwarders you are using to collect wire data run Linux (or OS X), then you should be fine.

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can deploy the Splunk App for Stream on your Linux forwarders, and it will forward just fine to a Windows indexer.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...