All Apps and Add-ons

Is the option to download AWS RDS log files being considered for future releases of the Splunk App for AWS?

davidhofmann
Explorer

It's possible through AWS CLI to download RDS log files. Is this an option that being consider for future releases of Splunk App for AWS?

0 Karma

klops
Explorer

Use Lambda function to first put logs into S3 in schedule, then you can do your regular S3 input.

I was able to use python code from this repo to archive this:
https://github.com/ryanholland/rdslogs_to_s3

0 Karma

tjbaker72
Explorer

We download the rds logs via the cli and upload them to an s3 bucket on a schedule. From there we can use the s3 input. I presume aws will add the option to put rds logs in an s3 bucket, just as they do with elb logs.

Cheers,
Trevor

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi David, is the RDS log available via S3 bucket? If so, you can use the S3 modular input to index them. Otherwise, we need check with other customers and product management team to prioritize it.

-- Jove Z (development manager of the Splunk App for AWS)

0 Karma

davidhofmann
Explorer

Hi Jove,

Right now they don't have a export to S3 option. You have to use the API to download the logs.

How do I go about contacting the product management team?

David

0 Karma

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi David, I saw your email in the system. I will let PM to contact you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...