All Apps and Add-ons

Is it possible to run Splunk Hadoop Connect on Windows, or do we need to create new *nix Splunk instances?

nitinnarra

I need to export the events from Splunk to a Hadoop environment, so I am thinking of using the Splunk Hadoop Connect app for this purpose. Actually, our Splunk is installed on Windows servers. I came across various Splunk Hadoop Connect app documentations and find out that we cannot use the app in a Windows environment.

You must deploy Splunk Hadoop Connect on a *nix instance of Splunk Enterprise.
Anyone done this scenario before? Should we need to create a new nix Splunk instances? After creating the new nix environment, can we directly install the app on the search head?

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You may want to test Cygwin (linux environment in windows)
Also, Although not supported and was not tested by Splunk, is to follow these steps to install Hadoop on windows - http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...