All Apps and Add-ons

IO Stats don't work since CDM v5

rickybails
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Since we upgraded our Rubrik cluster to V5, the io stats are all zeros. This is due to a design change in Rubrik, that the io stats are only filled in 5 minute increments and not in real time. They did this to avoid taxing the underlying query engine.

The recommentation from Rubrik's engineering team is... " to query for a longer interval and only extract specific information from it. For example, at 10:00 you can query for the last 10 minutes (range=-10min), and use the oldest 1 minute (09:50 - 09:51) and store this data. Then at 10:01 you would get data for the last 10 minutes and only use 09:51-09:52. And so on... "

I see from the Splunk app's configs that it's set to call the iostats API for the last minute: https://%7b%7brubrik_node%7d%7d/api/internal/cluster/me/io_stats?range=-1min

Can anyone advise how to change the splunk apps' configs so that it will look back say 6 mins but only take the earliest minute of that into splunk, so it loads one minute at a time, with a 5 min lag. I've ask Rubrik engineering what's the minimum lookback we'd need to use to guarantee some data in the earliest min - I'm guessing it's around 6 or 7 mins. Is this sort of setting even user-configurable (i.e. by adding configs to the local dir) or would I have to alter the app files?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rickybails
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I asked Rubrik support to contact the author, who then released a fix for this - now released on Splunkbase as v 1.0.1
I've installed the new version and IO stats are now being collected.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...