All Apps and Add-ons

How to set permissions for the S.o.S - Splunk on Splunk app so only the admin user has access?

arjangoos
Path Finder

I have installed the S.o.S - Splunk on Splunk app. I want only the admin user to have access (view) to this app. I set the permissions on this app to Read/Write admin only. But when I login with another user, I still can start the S.O.S application. This should not be possible.

Thanks,

Arjan

0 Karma

hgrow
Communicator

Hi Arjan,

i've just done the same, but im not able to start the app as a user. Does your user/user-role inherits form other roles?

If your user/user-role somehow inherits from the admin-role or gets the admin_all_objects capabilitiy the user will always see the app. To make sure thats not the point check the "Selected capabilities" and the "Imported capabilities" for your user-role.

Greetings,
hgrow

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...