All Apps and Add-ons

How to make tooltips in Treemap always visible in Treemap - Custom Visualization?

claudio_manig
Communicator

Hi Splunkers

I wonder whether there is a way to make tooltips in a treemap always visible so you don't have to hover over to see the value-

Any ideas?

0 Karma

Kenshiro70
Path Finder

Bad news all around:

1. There's no Simple XML setting.
  2. I looked at the element on the page (in Chrome, right-click and choose Inspect), and the text is not there so you can't add CSS to change the display from hidden to visible.
  3. I looked at the javascript code and realized it's not an easy change either. SVGs don't do text wrapping by default, so those labels are overlaid onto the grid separately. The problem is that their position is calculated based on the "zoomed in" layout, so both the positions and the sizing would be wrong.

It's technically possible to do it, but you'd need to make non-trivial modifications to the visualization logic. Sorry for the bad news; I was hoping to do the same thing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...