All Apps and Add-ons

How to fix Splunk Add-on Builder error - RuntimeError: assist binary not found?

apignata
Explorer

I am on a new install of Splunk 9.0.1 and add-on builder 4.1.1.
- creating a python script with check pointing as a Data Collection input.
- testing (with Test button) works as intended on the Edit Data Input
- after publishing I am not able to create a new input to start collecting events
- The script works as intended without the checkpoints
- Code of the check point below:

for service in r_json["response"]:
state = helper.get_check_point(str(service["name"]) + str(service["appstack"]))
if state is None:
final_result.append(service)
helper.save_check_point(str(service["name"]) + str(service["appstack"]), "Indexed")

#helper.delete_check_point(str(service["name"]) + str(service["appstack"]))

- Index="_internal" error are below

ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" RuntimeError: assist binary not found, path=/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/darwin_x86_64/assistsup
ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" raise RuntimeError(f'assist binary not found, path={full_path}')
ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" File "/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/assist/supervisor/context.py", line 41, in _test_supervisory_binary
ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" _test_supervisory_binary(base_path)

Labels (2)
0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

I made suggested change to disable the data input but I am still getting the same error. 
I do not see permission to disable the whole app though. Can you please help as I am stuck !

0 Karma

Velluv
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I just upgraded my dev environment to Splunk Enterprise 9.1.0.1 and add-on builder 4.1.3 
And I cannot reproduce this error. What versions are You using?

0 Karma

aviv_
Observer

I'm experience the same issue after deleting a data input.

02-22-2023 17:16:27.779 +0200 ERROR ExecProcessor [6701716 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" RuntimeError: assist binary not found, path=/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/darwin_x86_64/assistsup

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 17.24.52.pngAny solution? 

0 Karma

Velluv
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I had same problem. I just disabled "Splunk Assist Supervisor" Data Inputs

Velluv_0-1680026987827.png

There are two data inputs with same name, I disabled both, but the one in image should be enough.

Actually , i finally disabled whole splunk_assist app. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...