All Apps and Add-ons

How to call a Stored Procedure on my SQL server using Splunk DB Connect 2?

shan_santosh
Explorer

I have Stored Procedure on my SQL server and want to call the SP after regular intervals and index the SP return result set. How can this be possible using the Splunk DB Connect 2 app?

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

I run two SP's in SQL with DB Con v1 and they work but I can't run them in DB Con v2. Try DB Con v1, they will probably work.
Just do EXEC stored_proc_name

0 Karma

herinj

Hi!

We have written the procedure on oracle db named TEST1 its working fine while we run in on Oracle SQL developer.

But when trying to run it on Splunk DB connect as EXEC TEST1; or EXEC TEST1 it gives below error.

Invalid Query
External search command 'dbxquery' returned error code 1. Script output = "RuntimeError: Failed to run query: "EXEC TEST1;", params: "None", caused by: Exception(' java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement\n.',). "

Could you please help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...