All Apps and Add-ons

How to build search query in Sideview Utils to utilize values chosen from 2 pull-down menus?

vspreethi17
Explorer

Scenario : I have multiple pulldowns, that is A ---> B(On choosing value in A, it will open pull down B), similarly C--->D (on choosing value in C, it will pull down D). Now I will have write one search query taking values from B&D. I am not sure how I have to build hierarchy in sideview utils to accommodate one search query for values of B&D together.

Any suggestions or references will be helpful.

Thank you.

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

There are some examples of this in the apps for version 6 if you want to try those.

By using a form etc.

Might be a useful idea.

linu1988
Champion

To give an overview you need to have a proper query which forms a table ABCD columns. That is the value which will be filtered as the hierarchy goes down. i have implemented it but not sure if i can explain all here. Check out the pulldown module documentation. If you are on splunk 6 you can also implement using the GUI. But search queries are important. Lookup are also essential for this kind of implementation.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...