All Apps and Add-ons

How do you set/change the default index for SNMP Modular Input?

chris_thuys
Path Finder

How do you set/change the default index, I know there is an index drop down in the more settings section. On mine it only has default. How can I add extra indexes to this dropdown.
My splunk setup uses separate indexer and search head.

1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I presume then that you have tried to install the Modular Input on a Search Head where you don't have your indexes defintions, hence , no indexes in the drop down ?

Furthermore , it is incorrect to install the Mod Input here in a distributed architecture. You should install it on an Indexer or Forwarder node. In this scenario you can then setup the SNMP stanza by editing inputs.conf directly.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I presume then that you have tried to install the Modular Input on a Search Head where you don't have your indexes defintions, hence , no indexes in the drop down ?

Furthermore , it is incorrect to install the Mod Input here in a distributed architecture. You should install it on an Indexer or Forwarder node. In this scenario you can then setup the SNMP stanza by editing inputs.conf directly.

chris_thuys
Path Finder

As this is a test environment and I am not an administrator for this splunk implementation, snmp mod input was installed on the search head. I have discovered that the reason I could not change the index was my lack of appropriate access. The admin has the access and was able to change the index for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...