All Apps and Add-ons

How do I display a panel in a dashboard only if it contains data?

dlangone
Engager

I'm creating a multi panel dashboard. At times it may be the case that there will be no data in the panel, such as a lack of an event that I am looking for. How can I supress that panel from being displayed in the dashboard so there are no big blank spaces within the dashboard.
Any suggestions?

nkpiquette
Path Finder

ppablo is correct. By setting a depends attribute you can hide the panel until that criteria is met. I am currently using that method in our tabbed interface to hide dynamic drill down panels.

ppablo
Retired

mm I'm not an XML expert, but I do remember seeing similar posts (that I can't find at the moment) on this topic and most of the time, using the depends panel attribute worked.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Panel_visualiza...

0 Karma

cchitten
Path Finder

you can also use django bindings to make a much more advanced app which can be written in javascript and enables you to remove and add dashboards, panels and views.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...