All Apps and Add-ons

How can I validate global configuration options?

netyaroze
Loves-to-Learn Lots

My input module relies on API data and I have decided to move connection timeout configuration options over to global configuration e.g:

helper.get_global_setting("read_timeout")

Rather than requiring it be set individually per Input module.

However it appears there is no `validate_input` functionality similar to the input module for global configuration options.

There is no documentation for this, but you would think that being able to validate global config options inherited by every input module would be an important thing to do.

I now have to figure out how to do this in each input module, but it delays telling the user they have made bad config where they enter it. I cannot rely on something like log info due to splunk cloud giving not much access to logs, so I'm more or less reliant on resetting the value or keeping them in input modules.

Is there anyway this can be achieved?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...