All Apps and Add-ons

How can I prevent Splunk DB Connect from pulling in duplicate data?

Kendo213
Communicator

We have a table within an MSSQL database that contains application logs. The issue is that each time dbconnect queries that table, it (obviously) pulls all of the data in that specific table. How can I get around this? How can I ensure I'm only pulling in NEW rows since the last time dbconnect was ran? We don't want duplicate data to be indexed obviously as it will be confusing and searches will return incorrect results.

0 Karma

mdsnmss
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When configuring your Inputs to ingest via DBConnect on the "Choose and Preview Table" section there is an "Input Type" setting. What you want to select might vary depending on the structure of your database. If there is a rising ID for each new event you can select Rising Column and it will keep a checkpoint value for what it has already seen. I believe the default it Batch Input which will just grab the entire table. There is also an Advanced option to try as well.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...