All Apps and Add-ons

Has anyone had issues using the Splunk App for CEF in a Splunk 6.x environment with search head and indexer clustering?

brian1_tate
Path Finder

Anyone have any issues with using the CEF app and have search head clustering along with indexer clusters?

I would think this is more common with these types of deployments. I was informed that the CEF app is not 'search head cluster compatible' yet that sounds odd with larger deployments. I would prefer to use this method rather than edit the outputs.conf and so on. Anyone have any comments with what they have done or ran into this?

Thanks!

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Version 2.0 of the CEF now supports Search Head Clustering (see the release notes).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...