All Apps and Add-ons

Getting "Unexpected error downloading update: Connection reset by peer" while trying to install add-on from splunkbase

sh254087
Communicator

Getting "Unexpected error downloading update: Connection reset by peer" while trying to install add-on from splunkbase (via 'Find more apps)

ConnectionResetByPeer_AppInstallFromSplunkBase.jpg

Internet is connected, I'm able to access splunk application as well. Only the installation is failing.

Earlier to this, I was getting SSL error when I try to open this page. Then I set sslVerifyServerCert to false, after which the page started loading. I'm not sure if some SSL related blocking still exists. 

Any suggestions around getting through this? 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@sh254087 - You shouldn't be doing sslVerifyServerCert false.

Ideally, if you have a custom CA cert added to your Splunk machine, you should be adding appsCA.pem file content at the end of your CA cert file, to avoid SSL-related errors on the App installation page.

Though, this error seems to be more like a slow connection speed with Splunkbase on the Splunk machine.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...