All Apps and Add-ons

Error:Ingestion of VPC Flow Logs using Splunk Add On for Amazon Web Services

abheeks

Hello Friends,

I am trying to ingest the VPC flow logs into Splunk using the AWS Add-On for Splunk. I have configured Kinesis Stream and using the Kinesis input type to ingest the VPC FLow Logs.

But I am getting an error : "OpenSSL internal error, assertion failed: Digest update previous FIPS forbidden algorithm error ignored".Because of this we cannot ingest the VPC flow Logs into Splunk.

So can anyone suggest me what is the issue behind this error. I am running this on a Heavy Forwarder which is running on Linux RHEL 7.3.

Splunk version = 6.6.3
Splunk Add-on for Amazon Web Services version = 4.4.0
Splunk App for AWS = 5.1.0

Let me know if you need some more information

Regards,
Abheek Sett

0 Karma

abheeks

Hi,

We tried to follow the steps but somehow it didnt work.

Just wanted to understand if this issue is app specific or not . We are using the latest version of Splunk Add - on for AWS. Will this work for this Add on?

Also as per my understanding the application must not ignore the error, but gracefully handle and, perhaps, retry with a compliant algorithm. But somehow it doesn't and errors out. So how to fix this problem.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

refer this link
https://lukemurphey.net/issues/1656
let me know if this helps you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...