All Apps and Add-ons

Edit View of Sideview Utils "Link" Module

_gkollias
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hey All,

I have a panel on a dashboard that shows single value counts, and for ones I think are more interesting I used Sideview Utils "Link" Module in place of Splunk's "SingleValue" module so that user's can drill down in to those single value counts..

The weird thing is that now there are two that are big and bold, and two that are tiny links.

Is there a way to edit the the way the Links look to match the view of Splunk's SingleValues?

Thanks!

1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sure. You can set the cssClass of the Link module to something, say largeLink, and add such a class either to your application.css or to a custom CSS file linked to in the view itself. Such a class could look like this for a start:

.largeLink {
  font-size: 28px;
  font-weight: bold;
}

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sure. You can set the cssClass of the Link module to something, say largeLink, and add such a class either to your application.css or to a custom CSS file linked to in the view itself. Such a class could look like this for a start:

.largeLink {
  font-size: 28px;
  font-weight: bold;
}

_gkollias
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK, great. Thanks a lot!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, you would add such a class either to your application.css or to a custom CSS file linked to in the view itself.

You'll find the application.css in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/appserver/static. If there is no application.css yet you can create a new one, make sure it's readable by the Splunk user.

0 Karma

_gkollias
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Martin,

Can I add this directly in to the Splunk XML?

0 Karma

_gkollias
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...