All Apps and Add-ons

Does the SA-ldapsearch app work in regular Search or only in its own app?

mikesangray
Path Finder

I'm having success with the add-on, but only when I'm in the "Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory" app. When I copy/paste the string into the default Search app it fails with:

"External search command 'ldapfilter' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "Invalid credentials for the user with binddn=""cn=read-only-admin,dc=example,dc=com"". Please correct and test your SA-ldapsearch credentials in the context of domain=""default""" ""

I've checked and double-checked the settings, all appears fine. Have a case open with tech. support, they are unresponsive. From other posts it seems like this is a fairly flakey app, I'm on version 2.1.1, Splunk 6.2.3

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mikesangray
Path Finder

Answering my own question: Yes, it does work in default/regular Search app. Installed on another search head and it's working fine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...