All Apps and Add-ons

Does the Google Maps app work with Splunk 6.2?

bingoNewer

Hello, I installed Splunk 6.2 today and didn`t find the Google Maps app in Splunkbase, so I downloaded it from the web and added it to Splunk, but I found something wrong while using it.

For example, I use the syntax below in a Splunk search and it works well returning about 2000 events, but the same syntax returns nothing in the Google Maps app.

sourcetype="result" ip= | geoip ip

Sometimes it returns an error "KeyError: 'ip'". I am sure I have created the ip field which contains ip only.

I wonder whether the Google Maps app can be used on Splunk 6.2. Can anybody be so kind and help me?

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

Alternative,Splunk 6.x and above has built-in maps .Search for iplocation. Here's an example search
sourcetype=iplogs|iplocation ip|geostats count by ip. Hope this helps

ppablo
Retired

Hi @bingoNewer

I looked through apps.splunk.com and found the Google Maps app here https://apps.splunk.com/app/368/

The page also shows that the app is only compatible with Splunk versions 5.0, 4.3 and 4.2, so that's probably why it's not playing well on 6.2.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...