All Apps and Add-ons

Do you know whether Cisco Networks Add-on has a risk or not? Log4Shell (CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046)

yuhshi
Engager

Hello,

I'm trying to find out recent CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046( log4j).

I use Cisco Networks Add-on that is not supported by splunk.

We can see impacted products by CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046 from below link. And I know Cisco Networks Add-on isn't written in that.

Splunk Security Advisory for Apache Log4j (CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046) | Splunk

But, I'm afraid that whether Cisco Networks Add-on has a risk or not, because it isn't supported by splunk.

Do you know whether Cisco Networks Add-on has a risk or not?

If it has a risk, please tell me how to resolve it.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @yuhshi 

By looking at the add-on - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1467/

contents doesn't have any .jar lib and it only contains .conf files, this is not supported by Splunk you can double check with developer.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1467/#/details

Please post a question on Splunk Answers and tag it with "Cisco Networks Add-on" if there is anything you would like to see in this app.

---

An upvote would be appreciated if this reply helps!

Tags (1)

yuhshi
Engager

Hi,@venkatasri

Thanks for your comment!

I tagged "Cisco Networks Add-on" in my question after reading your comment.

And I'm going to wait developer's comment.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...