All Apps and Add-ons

Dbconnect with windows based SQL Server

k31453
Explorer

I am attempting to ingest data from Windows based SQL Server from Dbconnect on linux HF.

We are not allowed to use jtdc driver since it is not SSL encrypted. What is the alternative to connect to windows based database?

I believe i might have to create service account for the machine that is hosting sql server. but do i need anything else? I have allowed port no to the sql server host.

Database can access through RDPing into instance --> SQL Mangement Studio

Edit:

• Created service account and added Database read-only AD group
  • Create Identity with Service account for username , password with Use Windows Authentication Domain - CHECKED and added domain

Dbconnect connection configs:
- Have added hostname: fqdn\SQL1 , port 51565 ( firewall rules have been added)
- Added default database name
- Attempted to create connection for Microsoft Generic Driver (4.2 version) - having issue:

Login failed for user 'xxxxx'. ClientConnectionId:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Karma
1 Solution

jrballesteros05
Communicator

Hello.

I assume you want to get events from any table different to audit events from SQL Server.

Is there a problem if you download official JDBC driver from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724.aspx instead of JTDC? Because this one does support SSL.

If you cannot, you can tell the DBA to create an store procedure or script that wrote the output in disk and I could read by Universal Forwarder.

I never used but I think you can use powershell to query Databases. If so you can use an input script.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jrballesteros05
Communicator

Hello.

I assume you want to get events from any table different to audit events from SQL Server.

Is there a problem if you download official JDBC driver from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724.aspx instead of JTDC? Because this one does support SSL.

If you cannot, you can tell the DBA to create an store procedure or script that wrote the output in disk and I could read by Universal Forwarder.

I never used but I think you can use powershell to query Databases. If so you can use an input script.

0 Karma

k31453
Explorer

Well my workplace do require SSL encyrption and only driver who provide ssl encyrption is JDBC. So I have to use it.

0 Karma

jrballesteros05
Communicator
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...