All Apps and Add-ons

Data Concurrency while updating same csv files with multiple Alerts on same time.

sparachi
Engager

Hi Team,
I'm with another challenging issue.

I've a csv file ex: ABC.csv that being used in couple of schedulers(alerts) in splunk ex: update_ABC1, update_ABC2
As these alerts were scheduled to run at same time and want's to update results of schedules into ABC.csv file.
In this scenario only one scheduler ex: update_ABC1 is only actually appending its results to ABC.csv.

what i'm thinking of the issue is, file is getting locked by update_ABC1 and becoming deadlock so that data concurrency is not happening 🙂
work around i tried was scheduled both alerts with some time difference.

I'm currently using splunk enterprise 7.3.5, Is this a known bug for this version ?
Could anyone help in resolving issue?

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @sparachi,

you can use KVstore instead of local lookups, here is a comparison between them:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/Knowledge/DefineaKVStorelookupinSplunkWeb

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...