All Apps and Add-ons

DNS Perfmon

omatsei
Explorer

I'm trying to get all the Active Directory stuff working, and almost everything is (thanks to the nice folks on here). The only part that isn't working so far is the DNS performance monitoring. For whatever reason, the eventtype "perfmon-dns" is empty. All the DNS servers are also domain controllers, so I installed the Splunk TA for Winows, and the TA for DNS Servers and Domain Controllers on each domain controller, and everything else seems to work. I can check the status of the DNS servers and all the zones have information, but the DNS perfmon is still empty. Anyone know what I can check?

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk for AD v1.2 has been released and should help in this situation.

0 Karma

skylasam_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ok, that's the issue; since the TA's that the AD app uses currently doesn't support perfmon collection on 5.0.x.

We have an AD app beta v1.2.0 to fix this very issue. Please send a email request to microsoft@splunk.com to participate in the AD app v1.2.0 beta and we will send you an updated package. Note, that you will have to replace the TA's that you already deployed with the ones in the beta package.

0 Karma

skylasam_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk are you running? 5.0.x?

0 Karma

omatsei
Explorer

The newest one, 5.0.2.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...