All Apps and Add-ons

DBConnect toolbar appears empty, shows no buttons.

sansay
Contributor

As strange as this may seem, I opened the web GUI in Firefox, Chrome, and IE, but the grey DBConnect toolbar remains empty.
I just installed version 2.3.0 and ran all the migrating scripts. All my DB identities are there but I can't Click on Operations to see my inputs.
Anybody knows about what's going on here?

0 Karma

sansay
Contributor

I just found out why: it's a bug of course!
But the problem is that it's not mentioned in the app download page where the Splunk Compatibility is Splunk 6.4, 6.3, 6.2.
Well no, it is not. This behavior is due to a bug which only occurs with version 6.2. We were running Splunk 6.2.5 on this host. Once we updated to 6.4, the problem disappeared.

0 Karma

sansay
Contributor

I forgot to mention: we are running in with Splunk Enterprise version 6.2.5.

0 Karma

sansay
Contributor

Furthermore, I just found out that if I open the "monitoring" view by going to Settings/User interface/Views and clicking the corresponding Open link, it opens and for that view only I can see the toolbar with buttons. I tried this with the others, but no luck there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...