All Apps and Add-ons

DBALite Oracle Database Performance Summary: Why is the unix_metrics index not being created by the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux?

chanduira
Explorer

Forthe DBAlite Oracle Database Performance Summary app, host related information like CPU and Memory comes from the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux.
But as per the documentation, the "unix_metrics" index is not getting created. It only creates the os index.

Please clarify

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Honestly, creating indexes on your behalf is not good practice, and it won't continue forever. Index configurations have huge impact on performance, security, and data retention; it's really best not to trust an out-of-the-box default.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...