All Apps and Add-ons

DBALite Oracle Database Performance Summary: What values need to be changed on the database and Splunk server to view the summary drop-down?

gramudba

Hello,

I have installed the DBALite Oracle Database Performance Summary app on both the database server and on the Splunk server.

As per the documentation, I followed the steps to install the App and modified the following files on the DB server.

Question: It is unclear with the format, which values to be changed on DB server and also on Splunk server.

Could you share if there is any detailed documentation other than below for setup?

Splunk Setup: As per doc.

DBALite uses lookup files to populate choices for dropdowns. Open the lookup files at [HTML_REMOVED]/lookups and edit each one, modifying server and database names.

In [HTML_REMOVED]/ect/apps/[HTML_REMOVED]/default/data/ui/views open dbqes_vw_investigate_cpu_and_mem.xml and modify the section at the top to reflect your environment. For example, change the "[HTML_REMOVED] to whatever you put in the lookup file 'dbqes_lkp_host_dbname.csv' lookup file and change the [HTML_REMOVED]DD288[HTML_REMOVED] to your your databse name. Create a 'condition' section for each entry in the 'dbqes_lkp_host_dbname.csv' file.

Thanks
Ramu

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Author of the app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2795/#/overview
alt text

Trying to fill in the blanks for you:

Splunk Setup: As per doc.

DBALite uses lookup files to populate choices for dropdowns. Open the lookup files at splunk_home/etc/apps/APPLICATION NAME/lookups and edit each one, modifying server and database names.

In splunk_home/etc/apps/APPLICATION NAME/default/data/ui/views open dbqes_vw_investigate_cpu_and_mem.xml and modify the section at the top to reflect your environment. For example, change the "[HTML_REMOVED][I assume this was http://localhost: or similar] to whatever you put in the lookup file 'dbqes_lkp_host_dbname.csv' and change the databasename to your your database name. Create a 'condition' section for each entry in the 'dbqes_lkp_host_dbname.csv' file

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Doubt it - have you tried contacting the maintainer?

0 Karma

gramudba

Thank you for your Reply.

I dint find any maintainer details in the App documentation. I can see the Author name, but nothing much details.

Could you please share the details if you are aware.

Thanks again..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...