All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect MySQL can't parse timestamp

rapmancz
Explorer

Hello,

I am using DB connect 3.1.1 to get data from MySQL. I have 15 working inputs with rising id column and timestamp (DATETIME) to index data. Server and table structure is same for all inputs.
But for 4 next inputs, I get this message in db_connect_server.log :

2018-01-23 00:39:47.459 +0100  [QuartzScheduler_Worker-28] ERROR org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob - Unable to open record reader
java.time.format.DateTimeParseException: Text '2017-12-04 10:58:57.0' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 19
    at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parseResolved0(Unknown Source)
    at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.dbinput.recordreader.columnprocessor.RowWithTimeProcessor.extractTimestampFromString(RowWithTimeProcessor.java:88)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.dbinput.recordreader.columnprocessor.RowWithTimeProcessor.apply(RowWithTimeProcessor.java:70)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.dbinput.recordreader.columnprocessor.RowWithTimeProcessor.apply(RowWithTimeProcessor.java:28)
    at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.transform(Iterators.java:750)
    at com.google.common.collect.TransformedIterator.next(TransformedIterator.java:47)
    at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$6.computeNext(Iterators.java:616)
    at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:145)
    at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:140)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.dbinput.recordreader.iterator.EventPayloadRecordIterator.hasNext(EventPayloadRecordIterator.java:76)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.dbinput.recordreader.DbInputRecordReader.open(DbInputRecordReader.java:92)
    at org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob.openReader(BatchJob.java:117)
    at org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob.call(BatchJob.java:74)
    at org.easybatch.extensions.quartz.Job.execute(Job.java:59)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)
2018-01-23 00:39:47.459 +0100  [QuartzScheduler_Worker-28] INFO  org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob - Job 'psa-wfk-lc_04307600_xx' finished with status: FAILED

The timestamp column is also DATETIME and everything is fine in GUI wizard to select column for timestamp. Please do you have any idea what can be wrong?

0 Karma

EmEdwards
Path Finder

Did you resolve this ? I have the exact same problem at the moment. My same query worked in version 2.4 we upgraded to 3.1.1 and now same query same data input doesn't work due to time format with the same error you had.

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

"Index 19" is, if I count correctly, the "." separating seconds from the "0" for tenths of a second. That brings up a couple of possibilities. First, double check against a known-good one (one that works) exactly what type of data the data and time is coming from. Then check exactly what the query is you are running. I'll bet either the column types are different, or there's a cast/convert (or whatever MySQL uses for that) in the ones that work. For that matter, what's the timestamp time specifier you put into the GUI? (Do you still have to do that?)

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Could you try converting timestamp field in sql query?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...