All Apps and Add-ons

Config Error: Splunk app for AWS

hemendralodhi
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to configure Splunk App for AWS but not able to add the account. I am doing POC on single instance and installed App and add-on. While adding account in Splunk App getting below error:

Unexpected error occurs. In handler 'aws-accounts': Unexpected error "" from python handler: "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error -- In handler 'account': External handler failed with code '1' and output: 'Splunk Add-on REST Handler ERROR[400]: Bad Request - [HTTP 404] https://127.0.0.1:8089/servicesNS/-/splunk6.3/storage/passwords/_new; [{'text': 'Application does not exist: splunk6.3', 'code': None, 'type': 'ERROR'}]'. See splunkd.log for stderr output.". See splunkd.log for more details.

I am not able to figure it out as what may be causing this. AWS account details are correct.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Karma

hemendralodhi
Contributor

I see today that there was an update available for add-on. I am able to add the account after the update. Still not sure of the issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...