All Apps and Add-ons

Clicking on the "SQS queue name" field in the Splunk for AWS app config page gives an error.

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm trying to configure Cloudtrail in the Splunk for AWS app. I fill in my fields and click on the SQS queue name drop down field and I get the following error:

Failed to fetch data: In handler 'splunk_ta_aws_sqs_queue_names': Unexpected error "" from python handler: "'SSLError' object has no attribute 'status'". See splunkd.log for more details.

Why?

(This is a work in progress, no final answer yet.)

0 Karma

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is acting like it's missing the ListQueues permission. Review the AWS permissions that are configured and make sure the following are setup:

Required permission for the SQS subscribed to the S3 bucket that collects CloudTrail logs: ReceiveMessage, SendMessage, ListQueues, GetQueueUri

Per this doc page: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/AWS/ConfigureAWSpermissions

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...