All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco eStreamer App for Splunk: How can I change the location where perl script logs go?

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi at all,
I installed Cisco eStreamer App and it runs good.
I have only a problem: perl script put its logs in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/estreamer/logs and it's saturing my filesystem:
is it possible to change this path? how?
Otherwise the only solution is a script that deletes old files.

Thank you.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

rajindurbal
Path Finder

Good Evening Giuseppe,

On your linux system, you can try using grep in order to search for all instances of that folder path.

grep -r "/etc/apps/estreamer/logs" /.

After you find the file(s), you can edit them for a path you would prefer to use.

Rajin

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi rajindurbal,
thank you for your answer, but my problems isn't the logs location, the problem is that I don't know how to change this setting in eStreamer for Splunk App, in other words, where is (if present)a configuration file to change the App's logs location.
I'd like to put this App's logs outside Splunk folders.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...